Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pcos can kiss my A**

I found out about 3-4 years ago that I have poly-cystic ovary syndrome. If you don't know what that is, here is a brief definition:
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of a female sex hormones. This may lead to menstrual cycle changes, cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other health changes.
When i was married to my now ex-husband, we tried and tried and tried, I had AF come visit whenever she wanted and so when she didn't show up i always got my hopes up that i was pregnant. I wasn't understanding why the pregnancy tests always came back negative. My ex got all checked out he was good to go, it was me with the problem, i felt horrible about this. Our next step was going to try clomid, but as you have assumed our marriage ended up not working out, and i am thankful I did not have a baby with him even as much as i want to be a mother. God knew it wasn't the right time. I ended up with no insurance and went almost a year without a check up or a period, finally when I met my current boyfriend and moved to the Indianapolis area i found a great doctor. My body just doesn't allow AF to visit on its own, so now i have to take this expensive pills to force my body to have AF visit at least every other month. When we are ready to try for a baby she said clomid would be our next option. Last time i had an ultra sound of my ovaries i did have some cysts but they were very little and shouldn't be a bother to me.  I know Tevis needs to get all checked out too, in his past marriage he had to take clomid himself, him and his ex had issues having a baby as well they ended up having to do in vitro. If it is meant to be i will become a mother to the most wonderful miracle ever. I just know with everything that has been going on with my boyfriend I believe god wants to wait and deal with that later so Tevis and I can get more stable in our lives. I hate that it wont be easy for my to get pregnant, and my goal is to have one baby. I know my parents would love to be grandparents and my brother will be a great uncle. Right now just taking one day at a time and our baby will come.  <3

I am looking forward to finding other blogs about PCOS and learning to cope with it and how to manage and control it. I need to get my body healthy. I need to lose weight to help my PCOS. Letting things go can lead to so many other issues that i DO NOT want.


No comments:

Post a Comment